New president highlights ALTA's strategic priorities for 2020-2021
WASHINGTON, October 8, 2020 (Newswire.com) - The American Land Title Association (ALTA), the national trade association of the land title insurance industry, announced that Bill Burding NTP has been installed as president for the 2020-2021 year.
"I am privileged to guide such a driven and inspiring group of title insurance industry professionals who protect the American Dream," said Burding, executive vice president and general counsel of Orange Coast Title Co. in Santa Ana, Calif. "Standing at the helm of the ALTA membership during a time of incredible uncertainty will be demanding, but I look forward to overcoming the obstacles in our path."
ALTA's 2020-2021 strategic priorities include helping members:
· Tell their story inside and outside the industry to describe the people who make up the title insurance industry and the value they provide.
· Develop and retain talent in a changing world of work.
· Protect their customers' privacy and investment.
· Promote digital closings.
"We are closing out a year full of challenges while jumping into more of the same," Burding said. "During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, ALTA members were working around the clock to make closings convenient, safe and secure, which kept the real estate industry firmly in the black. In the coming year, ALTA will work hard to help more members add digital closing options to their businesses. Additionally, ALTA will educate members about cyber and physical environment security threats to their businesses and the impact of data privacy laws. There is a lot of work to be done, and ALTA is ready to roll up our sleeves and get started."
"Bill has the confidence, resilience and legal acumen to lead ALTA and its members through a global pandemic and economic recession," said ALTA CEO Diane Tomb. "He will help enhance the understanding of the title insurance industry with government agencies and policymakers focused on federal real estate and housing policy. The challenges we're facing require Bill's experience and foresight to help our member companies excel in an ever-changing business and regulatory environment."
Burding's full biography can be found on ALTA's website.
The 11-member ALTA Board of Governors for 2020-2021 include:
· President: Bill Burding NTP (Santa Ana, Calif.)
· President-elect: Daniel M. Wold (Minneapolis, Minn.)
· Agents Section Chair: Jack Rattikin III (Fort Worth, Texas)
· Underwriters Section Chair: Don Kennedy (Santa Ana, Calif.)
· Treasurer: David Townsend MTP, NTP (Columbia, Mo.)
· Chair of Finance Committee: Richard H. Welshons (Hastings, Minn.)
· Agents Section Rep: Maureen Pfaff WTP, NTP (Port Angeles, Wash.)
· Agents Section Rep: Quinn H. Stufflebeam (Blackfoot, Idaho)
· Underwriters Section Rep: Robert J. Wineman (Livonia, Mich.)
· Underwriters Section Rep: Tara Smith (Houston, Texas)
· Immediate Past President: Mary O'Donnell (Maitland, Fla.)
The American Land Title Association is the national trade association representing the land title insurance industry, which employs more than 120,000 people in the United States.
Source: American Land Title Association